Saturday, August 17, 2013

GREEN: Gardening


In Virginia everyone in my family had vegetable and fruit gardens. I have missed that so much since moving to LA! Aunts and Uncles would send us kids out in the yard to pick collard greens, peas and berries to bring in for rinsing and eating! So I have been planning to start a garden and decided to start small. So far so good  and I am inspired and ready to go bigger!

Pottery Barn Kids Alpine Strawberry Garden


                             Strawberry Pail                             

Next I plan to get a window planter box.
I love the idea of feeding my kids from our family garden, teaching them how to garden and the independence from grocery stores. Not that I am by any means against them, but i like the idea of not being completely dependent. So I hope to share on this strawberry plants transplant to my outdoors patio, the window boxes and raised beds soon to come!

Practice Positive Living

Steph


No comments:

Post a Comment